Monday, December 28, 2009
Silver linings: Rams at Cardinals
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Rams fell to 1-14 with a 31-10 road defeat to the Cardinals in Week 16.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Rams face the 49ers at home in Week 17.
- The Rams got pressure on Kurt Warner even though they were without both starting defensive ends.
- Chris Long collected his fifth sack in the Rams' last eight games. He has 5.0 for the season, one more than he had as a rookie in 2008.
- The Rams converted 43 percent of the time on third down, a higher conversion rate than the Cardinals managed.
- Receiver Brandon Gibson made an acrobatic grab for a 21-yard touchdown in the third quarter.
- Rookie Chris Ogbonnaya had an 18-yard run in his regular-season debut.
- The Rams downed four of Donnie Jones' five punts inside the 20.
- The Rams held Larry Fitzgerald without a catch longer than 12 yards.