Monday, January 4, 2010
Silver linings: Cardinals vs. Packers
By Mike Sando
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The facts: The Cardinals finished 10-6 with a 33-7 home defeat to Green Bay in Week 17.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals face the Packers in a wild-card playoff game Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- The outcome meant little.
- Arizona emerged from the game with something to prove against Green Bay.
- Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald was not injured while playing for stats late in the game.
- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's knee injury wasn't as serious as first thought. He has a chance to return this week.
- Cornerback Ralph Brown picked off a pass and returned the ball 80 yards.
- Punter Ben Graham dropped three more punts inside the 20 despite having only four attempts. He finished the season with 42 inside-the-20 punts in 86 attempts, matching the NFL record Andy Lee set on 105 total punts in 2007.
- The season is only beginning.