Sunday, January 17, 2010
Silver linings: Cardinals at Saints
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Cardinals' season ended with a 45-14 road defeat to the Saints in the NFC divisional round.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals now await Warner's decision on retirement.
- The Cardinals gained 98 yards on their first two plays, including 70 on Tim Hightower's touchdown run to open the game.
- Kurt Warner did not suffer a concussion when Saints defensive end Bobby McCray leveled him. A concussion would have sent Warner into the offseason with one more reason to consider retirement.
- Rookie LaRod Stephens-Howling had success in the return game early.
- Early Doucet caught eight passes, giving him 14 in two playoff games.
- Rookie Beanie Wells scored a touchdown, his first in the playoffs.