Sunday, January 17, 2010
Boldin: No plans to request trade
By Mike Sando
NEW ORLEANS -- Cardinals general manager Rod Graves greeted each player with a handshake as the team walked into the locker room following a 45-14 defeat to the Saints in the divisional round Saturday.
Graves did not adjust his approach when disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin walked by. The two shook hands, but it was one of those fleeting handshakes, like when Bill Belichick and Eric Mangini would meet at midfield. Boldin didn't break stride.
It might have meant nothing. Boldin, for his part, told the Miami Herald he will not be requesting a trade this season.
Boldin has requested trades in the past, but he appears to have a new approach since hiring Tom Condon as his agent last year. The Cardinals have pretty much proven they won't be bullied into trading him.
Asked if he would request a trade, Boldin told the Herald, "No, I'm going to let it play out."
Boldin is entering the final year of his contract.
"I can't do anything one way or the other," he said, according to the Herald. "If I go to them and request a trade, it don't matter. I'm under contract for another year. So no matter what I say or do, that won't change anything. I'm under contract for another year. So whatever happens, it depends on what the Cardinals want to do. I'm not worried about it at all."