Thursday, March 4, 2010
Rams complete RFA tenders
By Mike Sando
The Rams have tendered their restricted free agents as follows:
- Oshiomogho Atogwe, FS, right of first refusal. The team must upgrade its $1.226 million offer to nearly $7 million guaranteed in June if Atogwe is unsigned and the Rams want to retain his rights.
- Clifton Ryan, DE, second round.
- Alex Barron, OT, second round.
- Victor Adeyanju, DE, original round (fourth).
- Craig Dahl, S, right of first refusal.
The Rams can match any offers these players receive. All but Atogwe and Dahl would return a draft choice as compensation if the Rams decided against matching.
Eight players will become unrestricted free agents after the Rams declined to make RFA offers: safety Eric Bassey, long snapper Ryan Neill, cornerback Jonathan Wade, running back Samkon Gado, wide receiver Ruvell Martin, guard Mark Setterstrom, tight end Daniel Fells and defensive tackle Gary Gibson.
The minimum RFA offers exceed $1 million. Some of those eight players could conceivably return for less.
The team also retained rights to defensive end C.J. Ah You, cornerback Quincy Butler, running back Kenneth Darby, linebacker Larry Grant, wide receiver Jordan Kent, tackle Ryan McKee, safety David Roach and linebacker David Vobora.