Friday, September 24, 2010
Sorting through $42,500 in NFL fines
By Mike Sando
Let's sort through some of the NFL fines levied against players stemming from games involving NFC West teams in Week 2:
Fred Robbins, flagged for a critical and questionable roughing penalty against Raiders quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, incurred no fine. I'd take that as tacit admission that the hit could have easily gone uncalled.
- Kerry Rhodes, Arizona Cardinals: fined $2,500 for unsportsmanlike conduct (unnecessary contact with an official);
- Brian Finneran, Atlanta Falcons: fined $5,000 for striking Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson in the head area;
- Wilson, Cardinals: fined $5,000 for striking Finneran in the head (a move that precipitated Finneran's hit on Wilson);
- Parys Haralson, San Francisco 49ers: fined $5,000 for roughing the passer, specifically striking Drew Brees in the head/neck area;
- William Moore, Falcons: fined $5,000 for hitting Cardinals receiver Stephen Williams out of bounds;
- Craig Dahl, St. Louis Rams: fined $2,500 for a chop block;
- Perrish Cox, Denver Broncos: fined $7,500 for making a throat-slashing gesture after picking off a Matt Hasselbeck pass for Mike Williams;
- Eric Decker, Broncos: fined $5,000 for a late hit during a Seattle punt return;
- Rolando McClain, Raiders: fined $5,000 for body slamming Rams receiver Danny Amendola.