Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Where NFC West teams rank: Week 4
By Mike Sando
A few things stand out when looking at where NFC West teams rank among their NFL peers in nine statistical categories I reference each week:
- The St. Louis Rams have overtaken the San Francisco 49ers as the team in the division averaging the most yards per game.
- The 49ers continue to rank 31st in points per game.
- The Rams are lagging in red zone offense. Their scoring will increase significantly once quarterback Sam Bradford and the rest of the offense become more efficient in that area of the field.
- Seattle ranks third in rushing yards allowed. The team's front seven is stouter than it has been. The ranking should remain high, barring injuries.
- The Rams' defense ranks among the NFL's top five in third-down conversion percentage, red zone conversion percentage and points allowed per game. The team ranked among the top 10 in those categories a week ago.
The first chart shows where NFC West teams rank on offense after Week 4.
The second chart shows where NFC West teams rank on defense after Week 4.