Monday, December 20, 2010
Silver linings: Rams vs. Chiefs
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Rams fell to 6-8 with a 27-13 home defeat to the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 15.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Rams face the San Francisco 49ers at the Edward Jones Dome in Week 16.
- The Rams control their playoff destiny. They'll win the NFC West if they win their final two games.
- The Rams scored on their first two drives and led 6-0 after the first quarter
- Cornerback Kevin Dockery picked off Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel, the first interception Cassel has thrown since Week 9 and the second since Week 3.
- The Rams held Cassel to a 68.8 rating, his lowest since Week 2.
- Danny Amendola had a 42-yard punt return and a 30-yard kickoff return, plus seven receptions.
- The Rams converted a higher percentage of the time on third down (35 percent to 29 percent).
- David Vobora, James Hall and Chris Long collected sacks. Hall now has 8.5 sacks for the season. Long has 7.5. Long had three quarterback hits.
- Kicker Josh Brown made both field-goal tries, including one from 52 yards. He has made 15-of-19 from 50-plus yards over the last three seasons.