Saturday, August 22, 2009
Updating Rams' injuries following Falcons game
By Mike Sando
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo updated injuries Saturday, less than 24 hours after the team's exhibition game against the Falcons:
Brock Berlin and Darell Scott played through knee injuries and seemed to come out OK, Spagnuolo said.
- Receiver Donnie Avery remains sidelined by his foot injury, as expected.
- Guard Jacob Bell (concussion) will do some running early in the week. Bell's symptoms have not cleared. The team will test him against neurological baselines once remaining symptoms clear.
- Quarterback Marc Bulger remains sidelined by his broken pinky finger, as expected.
- Receiver Tim Carter (groin) will do some running this coming week. His status for the next game is questionable.
- Rookie receiver Brooks Foster underwent knee surgery Friday and will miss 6-8 weeks.
- Tackle Phil Trautwein is day-to-day after suffering a back injury against the Falcons.
- Tackle Alex Barron is day-to-day while dealing with knee swelling.
- Defensive tackle Adam Carriker (ankle) probably will miss the next game.
- Running back Kenneth Darby should not miss much time, if any, after injuring his knee against the Falcons.
- Defensive end James Hall did not suffer significant damage to his sternum, an X-ray showed, but he'll be in pain.