Monday, September 26, 2011
Power rankings: Rams NFL's worst team?
By Mike Sando
The Seattle Seahawks ranked last in ESPN's most recent NFL power rankings.
Should another team from the NFC West replace them at No. 32? Five things to consider regarding the St. Louis Rams:
- The Rams, like the Kansas City Chiefs, have yet to run an offensive play this season while leading their opponent. Seattle and Miami had not before Sunday.
- Each of the Rams' three opponents this season has returned a Sam Bradford fumble for a touchdown. The Rams' offense has only three touchdowns. Discouraging math there.
- Steven Jackson still isn't ready to contribute fully. He was active Sunday, but played sparingly and made no difference.
- The Rams have not yet scored in a fourth quarter this season.
- For all their problems on offense, the Rams have allowed more rushing yards than any team in the league. They rank 31st in yards allowed per carry. They are 31st in point differential per game, ahead of only the Chiefs. But the Chiefs were competitive in defeat Sunday, losing 20-17 at San Diego.
Where would you rank the Rams? Which teams are worse?