Monday, September 26, 2011
Silver linings: Cardinals at Seahawks
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Arizona Cardinals fell to 1-2 after suffering a 13-10 defeat to the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field in Week 3.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals are home against the New York Giants in Week 4.
- Defensive end Calais Campbell had 2.5 sacks and 10 tackles, extraordinary numbers for his position, particularly within a 3-4 defense. He also had four quarterback hits.
- Outside linebackers Clark Haggans and Joey Porter were around the quarterback. Haggans had three quarterback hits. Porter had a sack.
- Larry Fitzgerald's 67th career touchdown reception moved him past Roy Green into first place on the Cardinals' all-time list. This reception was a memorable one, too, with Fitzgerald beating double coverage to snatch a high pass from Kevin Kolb.
- The Cardinals held the Seahawks to 261 yards, a huge improvement from the first two weeks of the season.
- Officials assessed only two penalties against the Cardinals, the lowest figure for Arizona since a 2009 game against Chicago.
- The Cardinals' offense came to life when the team went with a no-huddle attack in the second quarter.