Monday, December 5, 2011
Silver linings: Rams vs. 49ers
By Mike Sando
The facts: The St. Louis Rams fell to 2-10 with a 26-0 road defeat to the San Francisco 49ers in Week 13.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Rams visit the Seattle Seahawks on "Monday Night Football" in Week 14.
- Chris Long collected two more sacks, giving him 12 for the season. Long has the most sacks by a Rams player since Leonard Little had 13 in 2006. Kevin Carter had 17 in 1999, the most for a Rams player since the NFL began tracking sacks officially during the 1982 season. Kevin Greene twice had 16.5-sack season with the team. Pro Football Reference shows all Rams players with at least 12 sacks during the sack era. Long joins a list featuring Carter, Little, Greene and Mike Wilcher. Long has at least one sack in each of the Rams' last six games. He added two tackles for loss and three quarterback hits Sunday.
- Steven Jackson moved within 16 yards of Henry Ellard for third place on the Rams' all-time list for all-purpose yardage. Jackson has 11,691 all-purpose yards.
- Quarterback Sam Bradford gained a week to get his high-ankle sprain healthier. Bradford aggravated the injury during practice.
- Brandon Lloyd made another improbable catch, this one for a 34-yard gain along the sideline.
- The Rams' defense held the 49ers to field goals on all four San Francisco possessions in the red zone.