Monday, December 19, 2011
Silver linings: Rams vs. Bengals
By Mike Sando
The facts: The St. Louis Rams fell to 2-12 with a 20-13 home defeat to the Cincinnati Bengals.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Rams visit the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16.
- Steven Jackson finished with 143 yards rushing and receiving, with a long run of 18 yards. He needs 34 yards rushing to reach 1,000 for a seventh consecutive season.
- Chris Long collected his 13th sack of the season, adding to his career high.
- The Rams held Cedric Benson to 3.5 yards per rushing attempt.
- Cornerback Josh Gordy picked off a pass and returned the ball 30 yards.
- The Rams won the turnover battle.
- Receiver Danario Alexander caught a 25-yard touchdown pass. Alexander also had a 22-yard reception.
- Kellen Clemens completed 69.4 percent of his passes for 229 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions in his first start with the team. Clemens finished the game with a 95.7 NFL passer rating, highest by a Rams starter this season.
- Rookie defensive end Robert Quinn deflected a Bengals punt, limiting it to 21 yards. This was his third deflection or outright block of a punt this season.
- Safety Quintin Mikell forced two fumbles.
- The Rams led the game for 5:04.