Monday, December 26, 2011
Silver linings: Cardinals vs. Bengals
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Arizona Cardinals fell to 7-8 following a 23-16 road defeat to the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 16.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals close out the regular season at home against the Seattle Seahawks.
- The Cardinals rallied from a 23-0 deficit in the fourth quarter and had a chance to tie the game with a play that left receiver Early Doucet wide open in the end zone when Arizona trailed by seven.
- Larry Fitzgerald caught six passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. Andre Roberts added six receptions for 75 yards.
- The Cardinals held the Bengals to 301 yards. They allowed no plays longer than 23 yards.
- Calais Campbell collected another sack, his eighth of the season. He had seven tackles, two passes defensed and a forced fumble.
- Rookie Sam Acho collected his sixth sack of the season.
- Adrian Wilson had a pass defensed and a forced fumble.
- Kerry Rhodes recovered two fumbles.
- Beanie Wells picked up three yards on fourth-and-2 when the Cardinals were making their comeback in the fourth quarter.
- Doucet's 27-yard reception in the fourth quarter moved the Cardinals past midfield for the first time.
- Arizona is a home victory away from finishing 8-8, an improvement of three games from last season.