Friday, January 20, 2012
You called it: Fearless predictions (Week 20)
By Mike Sando
The San Francisco 49ers are favored to represent the NFC in Super Bowl XLVI.
They were 40-1 longshots at one point last offseason.
What say you? Will the 49ers beat the New York Giants at Candlestick Park in the NFC Championship Game?
Those picking winners and scores for that game -- or the AFC version -- will join urticina, staserc and dgreenwell1111 on the Wall of Fame below. Those three predicted Baltimore's 20-13 victory over Houston in the divisional round last week. Nice work.
Plenty of people picked the 49ers to defeat New Orleans, but the odd final score (36-32) proved elusive. Better luck this week (my prediction is yet to come).
For a spot on the Wall of Fame below, simply use the comments section of this item to correctly predict winners and scores for the following games:
- New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers
- Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots
The chart above honors our repeat contest winners. The chart at the bottom shows all winners for the 2011 season.
The bullet points below list one-time winners from 2008-10 in 10-person blocks, arranged alphabetically:
- _Mr_Zero_, 2_Zero_Sickness, 49ers r golden, ahlycom08, allenjr16, alvaden, artman9865, asowinski33, ballsthompson, BrandonD28;
- brobbb91, CardsCrush85, catterbu, ccolling7979, chahen, cloudturo, CoasterNiner, cobra7282, cole barrick, DiLune2;
- DirtyDezzzzert, egravning, Elion245, fadein, fundadfor2, guillermoman, habitat730, henlex, IAmAtATotalLoss, IamJonasJones;
- jayric81, Jeremy-Clark, Joe_Couch, John510asb, JohnnyBloodletter, juicy2446, kstaub869, Leesters, Lv4Sublime, MalibuRuffRider;
- noahhasabs, pglenn33, pope_c_hawk, Primeau1203, redng0ld, RedRumRBS, Redzone59, RiWeagley, roadto_1, RVAninersFAN;
- salukininer, SeahawkBell, Seahawks Ya Dig, skinavich, TACOREV, the_FREAKs_cousin, TLinkWC, ttmonee, vamp2q, whoknewitt;
- wonderfuldan, workmantiny, WRESTLEMASTER24, urticina, staserc, dgreenwell1111