Tuesday, April 17, 2012
A few more NFC West schedule notes
By Mike Sando
Additional 2012 NFC West schedule notes, from ESPN Stats & Information:
San Francisco 49ers
- A Week 8 game against San Francisco means the Cardinals will have played the 49ers in each of their past three Monday night games (lost in 2010, won in 2008).
- The Cardinals play one 2011 playoff team during Weeks 1-7, then three in a row from Weeks 8-11 (with a bye in Week 9).
- The first three games are against NFC North teams.
- They have one road game from Weeks 5-11.
- They have five prime-time games, tied for most in the NFL and up from two last season.
- The opener gives the 49ers a chance to break eight-game road losing streak to Green Bay, counting playoffs (they have not defeated the Packers on the road since 1990).
St. Louis Rams
- A six-game stretch from Weeks 3-8 features only two home games, both against elite quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady).
- They play seven of their final eight games against teams that missed the playoffs in 2011.
- They play the 49ers twice in a four-week span from Weeks 10-13, then play three of their final four on the road.
- The Rams have just seven games in the Edward Jones Dome, thanks to London trip.
We knew a couple of those already. I hadn't noticed when Arizona and Seattle were scheduled to play mostly or completely against teams failing to make the playoffs last season.