Monday, October 15, 2012
Silver linings: 49ers vs. Giants
By Mike Sando
The facts: The San Francisco 49ers fell to 4-2 with a 26-3 home defeat to the New York Giants in Week 6.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The 49ers are home against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 7.
- The 49ers converted four first downs on their first five third-down opportunities.
- Randy Moss caught two passes for 75 yards, including one for a 55-yard gain.
- Mario Manningham had a 36-yard reception.
- Andy Lee had a 49.3-yard net average on four punts.
- The 49ers' defense limited the Giants to field goals on successive third-quarter possessions beginning deep in San Francisco territory. One of those drives began at the 12-yard line. The other began at the 5.
- The 49ers remain tied for first place in the NFC West.