Monday, December 3, 2012
Silver linings: Cardinals at Jets
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Arizona Cardinals fell to 4-8 with a 7-6 road defeat to the New York Jets in Week 13.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals visit the Seattle Seahawks in Week 14.
- Kerry Rhodes picked off two passes, forced a fumble and had three passes defensed for the Cardinals while playing against his former team.
- Patrick Peterson had an interception for a second consecutive week. He has five this season and seven for his career.
- After holding the Jets to 289 yards and 3.9 yards per play, the Cardinals rank among the NFL's top 10 for the season in the following defensive categories: Total QBR, passer rating, completion rate, interceptions per attempt, passing touchdown-to-interception rate, first downs per pass attempt, yards per game, yards per play, passing yards per game, points allowed per drive, expected points per drive, drive distance, goal-to-go efficiency, interception rate, sack rate, first downs per game, third-down conversion rate, red zone touchdown percentage and points allowed per game.
- Ryan Lindley completed his first pass attempt of the game to Larry Fitzgerald for a 23-yard gain.
- Safety Rashad Johnson gained 40 yards on a fake punt.
- The Cardinals are in line for the ninth overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft based on current standings.