Monday, December 10, 2012
Silver linings: Cardinals at Seahawks
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Arizona Cardinals fell to 4-9 with a 58-0 road defeat to the Seattle Seahawks in Week 14.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals are home against Detroit in Week 15.
- The Cardinals took three or fewer sacks for the fifth week in a row, another sign that young tackles Nate Potter and Bobby Massie are improving. Arizona has allowed 12 sacks in its last five games, down from 25 over the previous five.
- Arizona finished the game with a higher third-down conversion rate than the Seahawks posted.
- The Cardinals' completion percentage was up more than 16 points from the previous week.
- Patrick Peterson intercepted a pass for the third week in a row. He has six picks this season.
- Arizona allowed one or fewer passing touchdown for the ninth time in 13 games. This was also the ninth time Arizona held an opponent to less than 55 percent completions.
- Punter Dave Zastudil had a 40.2-yard net average.
- LaRod Stephens-Howling had a 38-yard kickoff return.
- Quentin Groves had a sack, two quarterback hits and a tackle for loss.
- Andre Roberts had a 24-yard reception.
- Arizona moved up from ninth to eighth in projected 2012 NFL draft order.