Monday, December 31, 2012
Silver linings: Cardinals at 49ers
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Arizona Cardinals finished the 2012 season with a 5-11 record thanks to a 27-13 road defeat to the San Francisco 49ers in Week 17.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Cardinals have yet to announce potential changes to their front office or coaching staff.
- The Cardinals emerged with the seventh pick in the 2013 draft behind Kansas City, Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Detroit and Cleveland.
- Kicker Jay Feely made both field goal tries.
- Arizona led the game, 6-0.
- The Cardinals allowed only two sacks. They held the 49ers' Aldon Smith without a sack, preventing Smith from challenging the single-season record for sacks.
- Calais Campbell collected another sack, giving him one in each of the Cardinals' final three games and 6.5 for the season.
- Arizona held Frank Gore to 3.4 yards per carry and a long run of 9 yards.
- Rookie Michael Floyd caught eight passes for 166 yards and a 37-yard touchdown.
- The Cardinals held the 49ers to 29 percent on third-down conversions.