Monday, November 23, 2009
Silver linings: 49ers at Packers
By Mike Sando
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The facts: The 49ers fell to 4-6 with a 30-24 road defeat to the Packers in Week 11.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The 49ers face the Jaguars at home in Week 12.
- Tight end Vernon Davis made an overhead catch almost worthy of Ghost-to-the-post comparisons. Davis has become a big-time receiving threat down the middle of the field. Though his game isn't perfect, Davis has become a Pro Bowl-caliber tight end. He showed why again Sunday with six receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown.
- Rookie Michael Crabtree caught a touchdown pass for the first time in his NFL career. He finished with four receptions for 77 yards.
- Quarterback Alex Smith tossed three second-half touchdown passes on his way to an 88.8 passer rating.
- Running back Frank Gore had a 42-yard run.
- Receiver Josh Morgan gained 76 yards on a kickoff return.
- Outside linebackers Manny Lawson and Parys Haralson each recorded sacks.