NFC West: Michael Gaines
This made it easy to see which agents had the most projected UFA clients, and how many starts those clients averaged in 2009.
The result is the chart below. Drew Rosenhaus has more than 100 clients across the league, more than any agent. The NFL lists 15 of them on its projected UFA list, including Terrell Owens and three NFC West players (Randy McMicahel, Anthony Becht and Olindo Mare).
Agents Peter Schaffer and Brian Mackler are next on the list with seven projected UFA clients apiece, but no agent with at least four players listed can match Tony Agnone for players with lots of 2009 starts. Agnone's list features 16-game starters Casey Rabach, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Bobbie Williams, plus seven-game starter Michael Gaines.
The NFL has no agents listed for Phillip Daniels, Tully Banta-Cain, Leigh Bodden, Mike Furrey, Damion Cook, Tank Johnson and Matt Ware.
Jeff Feagles, Jeff Zgonina, Daunte Culpepper, Paul Spicer, Clinton Hart and Vernon Fox are listed as representing themselves.
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The Seahawks head to Buffalo for a [dreaded] 10 a.m. PT kickoff Sunday. Feel free to pick up a copy of the Bills' 25-category roided-out roster.
The Bills are the sixth-youngest team in the league, averaging 26.7 years old. Only six of their players are 30 or older, including zero offensive starters. Five quick notes on Buffalo:
- Quarterback Trent Edwards has returned from a thigh bruise that limited him to 16 pass attempts during the exhibition season. Edwards completed 10 of those passes, two for touchdowns, on his way to a 125.5 rating in the fake games.
- Bill left tackle Jason Peters continues to hold out for a new contract. Right tackle Langston Walker starts in Peters' place despite an injured left forearm.
- Kirk Chambers, the new right tackle, made his first NFL start in the 2007 regular-season finale. Chambers started at left tackle, lining up against the Eagles' Trent Cole, who finished the game with one tackle. Chambers draws Seattle's Patrick Kerney, who had 14 1/2 sacks last season. Cole had 12 1/2, but none against Chambers.
- Defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, acquired from Jacksonville, has seen his starts diminish over the last three seasons (16 to 11 to nine). He tries to reverse the trend at age 30.
- Beyond Stroud, the Bills added linebacker Kawika Mitchell and backup defensive tackle Spencer Johnson in free agency. They parted with five unrestricted free agents during the offseason: tight end Michael Gaines, receiver Sam Aiken, linebacker Leon Joe, cornerback Jason Webster and linebacker Josh Stamer.
I used the word "dreaded" regarding the early kickoff time for a reason. The Seahawks really, really, really, do not like the early starts. Really. Their record in the Eastern time zone last season: 1-4, with three of the losses by a combined nine points.
Update: Chris Brown of buffalobills.com says Jon Corto, formerly listed as a safety, has changed jersey numbers to reflect his status as a linebacker. This gives the Bills six linebackers. I've updated the Bills' roster to reflect.