NFC West: NFC North
October, 15, 2008
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The power rankings released Tuesday weren't kind to the NFC West even though Arizona landed in the top 10. A quick look at average rankings for each division (and which voters favored or frowned upon which divisions):
- NFC East (7.4 average ranking): Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. ranked this division's teams fifth on average, higher than any panelist. NFC East blogger Matt Mosley ranked them ninth on average, lower than any panelist.
- AFC South (12.2): AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky and I ranked AFC South teams 9.5 on average, higher than anyone else. NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert ranked them 15.5 on average, more than two spots lower on average, than any voter.
- NFC South (12.6): Seifert ranked NFC South teams ninth on average, higher than any voter. I ranked them 15.25 on average, lower than anyone else.
- AFC East (15.1): AFC West blogger Bill Williamson ranked AFC East teams 12.25 on average, higher than any panelist. Kuharsky and Matt Williamson ranked them 17.75 on average, lower than anyone else.
- AFC North (19.3): NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas ranked AFC North teams 18th overall on average, higher than anyone else. Seifert ranked them 20.25 on average (only .25 higher than Bill Williamson, John Clayton, Jeremy Green and Mosley).
- AFC West (20.4): AFC North blogger James Walker ranked AFC West teams 19th overall on average, higher than any other voters. AFC East blogger Tim Graham ranked them 21.75 on average, lower than anyone else.
- NFC North (22.1): Matt Williamson ranked NFC North teams 20.75 on average, higher than the others. Yasinskas provided the lowest average votes at 23.25.
- NFC West (22.8): Mosley ranked NFC West teams 21.25 on average. Yasinskas provided the lowest rankings for the division at 25th on average.