Cardinals Camp Report: Day 3
July, 28, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Arizona Cardinals training camp:
- Another day, another injury. This time it was starting center Lyle Sendlein who was missing for the majority of practice. He suffered a left calf injury and was replaced by veteran offensive lineman Ted Larsen. Sendlein has been durable, missing just five games since his rookie season. Larsen is in his fifth season. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will address Sendlein's injury Tuesday morning when he meets the media.
- One of the most asked questions leading into the first day with pads was whether or not John Brown would be as fast with pads on as he is without them? He answered that quickly, connecting with Drew Stanton for an 82-yard touchdown pass in which he outran safeties Rashad Johnson and Curtis Taylor.
- A day after announcing he wasn't playing offense anymore, cornerback Patrick Peterson began Monday's practice going through foot drills with the quarterbacks and running short goal line routes during their warm-ups.
- One of the lighter moments of practice came when punter Dave Zastudil hit tackle Kelvin Palmer for a touchdown pass on a fake field goal. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Palmer went airborne for the pass over a defender and came down for the score.
- As the kicking competition continues, Jay Feely went 4-for-5 on Monday, making two kicks from 48 yards, and a kick from 45 and 46 while missing a 33-yarder. Danny Hrapmann made kicks from 33, 45 and 46 while missing a 48-yarder.
1:00 PM ET Chicago Carolina 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Tennessee 1:00 PM ET St. Louis Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Atlanta New York 1:00 PM ET Tampa Bay New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Houston Dallas 1:00 PM ET Buffalo Detroit 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Indianapolis 1:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Jacksonville 4:05 PM ET Arizona Denver 4:25 PM ET Kansas City San Francisco 4:25 PM ET New York San Diego 8:30 PM ET Cincinnati New England