Titans Camp Report: Day 6
July, 31, 2014
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Tennessee Titans training camp:
- Cornerback Coty Sensabaugh, left guard Taylor Lewan and center Chris Spencer worked with the starters today. Brian Schwenke was out with a leg injury that head coach Ken Whisenhunt categorized as day-today. Antonio Johnson was also out with a leg injury and is day-to-day. Delanie Walker (shoulder) and Michael Preston (fear of a concussion) were both back to work after getting hurt Tuesday.
- Left tackle Michael Roos jumped offside in a team period and Jurrell Casey, the rusher trying to get around him said, “It’s you.”
- Nice catches: Nate Washington plucked a low dart from Jake Locker; Rico Richardson reached over Ri'Shad Anderson to collect a deep pass up the right side from Locker; Marc Mariani made a lovely over-the-shoulder catch from Locker.
- Locker targets in seven-on-seven period: Complete to Craig Stevens, incomplete to Washington broken up by Jason McCourty, complete to Kendall Wright, complete to Preston, complete deep to Derek Hagan. Hagan later had a nice fingertip catch while going full speed out of bounds and a drop from Charlie Whitehurst with Tommie Campbell well off.
- In seven-on-seven, playing as the nickel, Sensabaugh worked in front of Mariani to pick off Zach Mettenberger. Bernard Pollard dropped what should have been an interception of Locker intended for Walker.
- Struggling quarterback Tyler Wilson threw an interception to Moise Fokou, a player who has been completely invisible in camp until that moment.
- Justin Hunter dropped a ball from Locker that he got got both hands on, but Hunter also caught a bomb over cornerback Marc Anthony from Mattenberger.
- Crowd noise from four speakers during a team period was deafening. Michael Griffin said it was Seattle-level noise. Neither side seemed to struggle with it. Offensive coordinator Jason Michael said quarterback and linemen will use different things at different times when they have to use a silent count, so the defense can’t predict if the center, or a guard helping the center is signaling for the snap or if they are doing something else.
- On third-and-short work, coaches called for one live snap where Bishop Sankey or Jackie Battle (sorry I don’t know which) was tackled. They went back to thudding the back, but Whisenhunt said there will be some occasions where there are some live snaps.
- Maikon Bonani and Travis Coons each got three field goal chances in a period. They each hit from 33 and 38, and each missed from 46. Bonani said his miss was an aiming error based on the breeze.
- The Titans practice at 2:50 CT on Friday and it’s open to the public.
Final Atlanta 7 Baltimore 29 Final Tennessee 17 Washington 19 Final Seattle 26 St. Louis 28 Final Cleveland 6 Jacksonville 24 Final Cincinnati 0 Indianapolis 27 Final Minnesota 16 Buffalo 17 Final Miami 27 Chicago 14 Final New Orleans 23 Detroit 24 Final Carolina 17 Green Bay 38 Final Kansas City 23 San Diego 20 Final Arizona 24 Oakland 13 Final New York 21 Dallas 31 Final San Francisco 17 Denver 42