Cardinals Camp Report: Day 10
August, 6, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Arizona Cardinals training camp:
- The most impressive play of the day came late in practice on a fade route. Carson Palmer threw a perfectly placed pass intended for wide receiver Ted Ginn, who was in the back left corner of the end zone. Before the ball landed in his hands, however, cornerback Antonio Cromartie reached up and back, and snagged the pass out of the air with one hand. Any signs of the hip flexor injury that hampered him last season looked like they're gone.
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has talked a lot about Sam Acho being around the quarterback this offseason and Acho showed it again Wednesday. He beat right tackle Bobby Massie off the edge on one play and was in Palmer's face before he had finished going through his progressions.
- The Cardinals added another wrinkle to their already expansive offense Wednesday. The quarterbacks worked on shovel pitches to a receiver cutting up the middle. Palmer ran one to Larry Fitzgerald and Logan Thomas dumped a pass to Brittan Golden. With Arizona's increased speed on offense, it's an ideal play to catch the defense off guard and gain chunks of yards.
- It was Jay Feely's day to kick and he took advantage of it. Feely went 7-for-8, missing only from 48 yards. He closed practice with a 33-yard field goal.
- Jaron Brown lived up to the hype Wednesday. Earlier in the day Arians talked about Brown's consistency catching deep passes and Brown made another big catch during practice.
- Arizona spent time working on a fake-punt drill with punter Dave Zastudil throwing passes to a line of receivers.
- Earl Watford and Jonathan Cooper split time at right guard throughout practice, but mostly in the offense versus defense period.
- The Cardinals' next practice will be at 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (2-4:30 p.m. local) Thursday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Parking and admission are free.
- Injury report: Only Lyle Sendlein (calf) did not practice.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina