Colts Camp Report: Day 15
August, 12, 2014
By Mike Wells | ESPN.com
ANDERSON, Ind. -- A daily review of hot topics coming out of Indianapolis Colts training camp:
- You would have thought the Colts were taking part in a fall practice and not one in the second week of August on Tuesday. The temperature was in low 60s and it rained the majority of their afternoon practice. That didn’t stop receiver Hakeem Nicks from having the best play of the day. Nicks beat undrafted rookie free agent cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy and made a one-handed catch on a fade pattern in the corner of the end zone. Nicks’ catch gives further proof that he’ll be an additional weapon for quarterback Andrew Luck to go with fellow receivers Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton and tight ends Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener.
- Coach Chuck Pagano said he still hasn’t made up his mind on whether Wayne will play in his first game since Week 7 of last season against the New York Giants on Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Wayne has said since the start of training camp that he wants his first tackle in a game to come in the preseason, not in the season opener against Denver on Sept. 7. "That’s the mindset, but at the same time if the big dog tells me to sit it down, I am going to sit it on down,” Wayne said. “Like I said, I am just here to serve. I am just a servant. I am Semmi in "Coming to America." I’m just here to do my job, and when it’s time and the time comes, I am going to be ready. Ready to perform the way I have been performing.”
- On Monday, Pagano wore a T-shirt with “Kelly Tough” on the front in honor of Buffalo Bills legend Jim Kelly, who is battling cancer. Pagano, who battled leukemia in 2012, wasn’t done wearing T-shirts to honor those in a health fight. He wore a T-shirt that read “Indianapolis for DQ” -- Houston Texans offensive tackle David Quessenberry is battling non-Hodgkins T Lymphoblastic lymphoma. Pagano always talks about brotherhood inside the Colts organization. He continues to show there’s also a brotherhood when it comes to those having to battle off the football field, too.
- Here’s your rundown of players who did not practice: center Khaled Holmes (ankle), linebacker Josh McNary (shoulder), guard Jack Mewhort (knee), linebacker Andrew Jackson (hamstring), receiver Nu'Keese Richardson (concussion), safety Delano Howell (neck), linebacker Jerrell Freeman (thumb), receiver T.Y. Hilton (rest) and linebacker D'Qwell Jackson (rest).
- The Colts wrap up their three-week stay at training camp at Anderson (Indiana) University by practicing from 10:25 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina