Cardinals Camp Report: Day 16
August, 18, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Arizona Cardinals training camp:
- The biggest news to come out of Cardinals' training camp Monday -- and possibly all of camp -- was Darnell Dockett's injury. He went down with a right knee injury about an hour into practice and was carted off the field. In his place, defensive end Frostee Rucker started the next series in place of Dockett. Rookie Ed Stinson also saw time at defensive tackle. Dockett had an MRI Monday afternoon. Results were not yet available.
- Outside linebacker John Abraham returned to practice.
- Inside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander didn't practice Monday, likely a scheduled rest day with the Cardinals off Tuesday.
- Despite Arians not indicating which third-string quarterback would play in the second half of Sunday's game against the Bengals, rookie Logan Thomas was working with third team while Ryan Lindley was working side running drills.
- Quarterback Drew Stanton threw two interceptions to both starting safeties.
- Defensive tackle Bruce Gaston didn't practice either.
- As the kicking battle enters the third preseason game, both Jay Feely and Chandler Catanzaro kicked Monday. Feely went 5-for-5, hitting from extra-point distance, 29 yards, 37, 43 and 45, while Catanzaro went 3-for-4, also hitting his extra point, 29 and 37. He missed from 43.
- Injury report: LG Jonathan Cooper (toe), LB Kevin Minter (pec), T Max Starks (ankle), CB Teddy Williams (groin), DT Bruce Gaston (knee), CB Justin Bethel (thigh), WR Michael Floyd (groin) and C Lyle Sendlein (calf) didn't practice Monday.
- The Cardinals are off Tuesday and return to practice from 2 to 4:30 p.m. local time Wednesday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Admission and parking are free.