Reading the coverage: 0-3 teams don't turn it around
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Chat AFC South tomorrow at 3:00.
Drop a note in the mailbag and you'll be entered for a chance to win $1 million. (Kidding.)
Here's what I've read this morning:
- From Megan Manfull: "Since the Texans joined the league in 2002, 31 teams have started a season 0-3. Only one of those teams -- the 2004 Buffalo Bills -- went on to record a winning record by finishing 9-7. Only two others finished .500."
- It will be hard for the Texans to upset the Colts, but Houston may be a different team at home, says John McClain.
- The offense isn't improvising much, writes Manfull.
- Ten things Richard Justice loves about the Texans.
- Anthony Gonzalez is looking at an expanding role, writes Carlos "Big C" Holmes. (Honest, that's his byline in the Dayton Daily News.)
- Jerry Porter ranks ninth on Alex Marvez's list of the top 10 cases of buyer's remorse.
- Sorry I missed this yesterday. Tania Ganguli's account of Richard Collier's condition included some quotes from his sister.
- Jim Wyatt's regular Wednesday five-pack. This week: five ways the Titans can get to 5-0.