Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Did I miss something good? What do you need to read about from Colts camp? Hit my mailbag.
- Cut Tuesday, offensive lineman Charles Spencer was claimed off waivers by Carolina.
- Meghan Manfull believes Duane Brown will sign in time for camp.
- I exchanged e-mails this morning with Drew Rosenhaus and Bruce Tollner, and they confirmed their clients, Quinn Gray and Jared Lorenzen, respectively, have signed with the Colts. Indianapolis now has multiple alternatives to get through practices and the preseason for the duration of Peyton Manning's rehabilitation from knee surgery.
- The Colts went from one to eight in a day on draft pick contract agreements. Only sixth-round tight end Tom Santi's contract status was unknown Wednesday night, the Indianapolis Star reports. Indy reports to camp by 2 p.m. in Terre Haute, Ind. Though Peyton Manning won't be there, I'll be manning the parking lot, bringing you some quotes and color.
- Because of all their injuries, Tony Dungy plans to scale things back, especially early.
- Quentin Groves appears more likely to join the Jaguars on time than Derrick Harvey, according to the Florida Times-Union. Second rounders, generally, do sign before first rounders.
- Here is The Tennessean's take on Jason Jones' contract, Bryce Fisher's release and hopes for Chris Johnson to be in on time. (Here is my thinking on Jones and Fisher).
- According to Jim Wyatt, there's little progress on Albert Haynesworth's desire for an out tied to his franchise tender that would prohibit the Titans from tagging him again next year.
- Big Albert got a ticket for topping 100 mph in March, and appeared in court Wednesday. You can try to judge his weight and fitness, as well as his courtroom demeanor, in a video here.
Random leftover thought: The installation of lights on a Titans practice field means the team won't have to go to LP Field a couple times for late practice. While the Titans hardly have Pittsburgh's turf issues, Tennessee's grass has been a problem late in some seasons. Perhaps a little less wear and tear early will help.