Around the AFC East: Another Coles head injury
October, 23, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini writes Laveranues Coles is coping with his third head injury in less than two years.
- The Daily News' Gary Myers writes "Brett Favre needs to concentrate on the Jets for the next 10 weeks and forget about playing big brother to players and executives around the NFL."
- Bergen Record columnist Ian O'Connor says we shouldn't be shocked to learn Favre has normal human tendencies.
- Newsday columnist Bob Glauber examines how big of a deal the latest Favre controversy is.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson writes the Jets are still searching for an offensive identity.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan takes a look at Bills offensive line coach and local boy Sean Kugler.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane talks to Ron Jaworski about Trent Edwards in advance of Sunday's game against the Dolphins.
- Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News writes the Bills are preaching discipline about the Wildcat offense.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana writes about the Bills shuffling their safeties.
- Laura Bernheim of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel runs down running back Patrick Cobbs' meandering NFL career.
- The Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly writes nose tackle Paul Soliai is eager to make on-field amends after serving a one-game suspension.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington notes the Dolphins had trouble with hump day -- and that's a good thing.
- The Miami Herald's David J. Neal reports nose tackle Jason Ferguson is still hurting from an oblique injury.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com writes about the team's self-motivational tactics and other notes.
New England Patritos
- In case you haven't seen it yet, here is Karen Guregian's Boston Herald story on Tom Brady's additional surgeries to clean out an infection.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young looks at how the Patriots will deal with the loss of safety Rodney Harrison.
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss checks in with running back Kevin Faulk, who might be next up to should the load.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina