Around the AFC East: Belichick discusses listening device
July, 29, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- Local coverage of commissioner Roger Goodell's visit to Bills camp paints a generally rosy picture for the team's future there.
- The Commish has decided not to punish Bills RB Marshawn Lynch for his offseason hit-and-run incident that left a 27-year-old Ontario woman injured in the street.
- The Bills are making changes to accommodate new DT Marcus Stroud.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington gives the blow-by-blow account of the scrap between T Jake Long and DE Phillip Merling.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel takes a look at the ILB battle with newcomers Akin Ayodele and Reggie Torbor.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Charles Elmore writes about second-year QB John Beck being on the spot. Beck had another rough day Monday.
New England Patriots
- Bill Belichick breaks down the NFL's new defensive headset policy and how the Patriots will apply it. He says he understands the rule, but we've heard that before.
- On an offense with Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker, WR Jabar Gaffney is an afterthought, writes Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper.
- The Boston Herald's Rich Thompson writes backup QB Matt Cassel is trying to make up for his lack of game experience by obsessing over the playbook.
New York Jets
4:30 PM ET Philadelphia Washington 8:25 PM ET San Diego San Francisco
1:00 PM ET Minnesota Miami 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Houston 1:00 PM ET Detroit Chicago 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Carolina 1:00 PM ET Atlanta New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Kansas City Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET New England New York 4:05 PM ET New York St. Louis 4:25 PM ET Buffalo Oakland 4:25 PM ET Indianapolis Dallas 8:30 PM ET Seattle Arizona