Around the AFC East: Belichick discusses listening device
July, 29, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- Local coverage of commissioner Roger Goodell's visit to Bills camp paints a generally rosy picture for the team's future there.
- The Commish has decided not to punish Bills RB Marshawn Lynch for his offseason hit-and-run incident that left a 27-year-old Ontario woman injured in the street.
- The Bills are making changes to accommodate new DT Marcus Stroud.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington gives the blow-by-blow account of the scrap between T Jake Long and DE Phillip Merling.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel takes a look at the ILB battle with newcomers Akin Ayodele and Reggie Torbor.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Charles Elmore writes about second-year QB John Beck being on the spot. Beck had another rough day Monday.
New England Patriots
- Bill Belichick breaks down the NFL's new defensive headset policy and how the Patriots will apply it. He says he understands the rule, but we've heard that before.
- On an offense with Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker, WR Jabar Gaffney is an afterthought, writes Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper.
- The Boston Herald's Rich Thompson writes backup QB Matt Cassel is trying to make up for his lack of game experience by obsessing over the playbook.
New York Jets
Final Carolina 7 New England 30 Final New York 35 New York 24 Final Jacksonville 12 Detroit 13 Final Oakland 21 Green Bay 31 Final Chicago 6 Seattle 34
4:30 PM ET Tampa Bay Buffalo 7:00 PM ET Dallas Miami 7:00 PM ET Tennessee Atlanta 7:30 PM ET Washington Baltimore 8:00 PM ET New Orleans Indianapolis 8:00 PM ET St. Louis Cleveland 8:00 PM ET Minnesota Kansas City 9:00 PM ET Houston Denver
4:00 PM ET San Diego San Francisco 8:00 PM ET Cincinnati Arizona