Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Paul Schwartz has a story on the Brandon Jacobs-Ray Lewis matchup in the Post. Ralph Vacchiano of Daily News fame talks about Jacobs-Lewis on his blog. By the way, does anyone know when Gary Myers' blog is being launched?
- Mike Garafolo also decides to join the Ray Lewis party. He wants you to know that Lewis wasn't taking shots at Jacobs. And I'm really not sure how anyone would interpret what Lewis said as a "shot."
- What does the Large Hadron Collider have to do with Jacobs-Lewis? Well, let's ask Tom Rock of Newsday to explain.
- Rock also wrote about how two former Giants quarterbacks are having big seasons.
- Manning's worst day as a pro came against the Ravens.
- Cornerback Fred Smoot is teaching area kids to hate the Cowboys at an early age. He also made reference to the Redskins "beating the Cowboys to death" in Dallas earlier this season. I'm thinking the Redskins community relations department might want to provide Fred with a few talking points next time he heads over to an elementary school. But he was certainly entertaining. Can you imagine some of the conversations at the dinner table Tuesday night: "Honey, what'd you learn in school today? Well, we learned how important it was to hate the Cowboys." The Redskins have apparently asked Smoot to consider using words such as "strong dislike" and "don't care for" in future school visits.
- Here's the latest on the Redskins running back situation from the Washington Times.
- Before checking in with the NFC Beast on Wednesday, Jason Campbell said Clinton Portis at 60 percent is better than most backs at full-strength.
- Our hearts go out to Hall of Fame cornerback Darrell Green, who lost his 53-year-old brother, Leonard, Wednesday evening.
- Fred Bowen is handing out grades to the Redskins. I'm sorry, has Fred Bowen been covering the Redskins this season?
- The Washington Post's Redskins Insider Jason La Canfora provides Cowboys fans with a special forecast for Sunday night's game.