Thoughts from Eagles 28, Jaguars 27
August, 14, 2010
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Some bullet-point thoughts on the Jaguars’ 28-27 preseason loss at Philadelphia on Friday night.
- Luke McCown made some big throws as he completed 11 of 15 for 244 yards and three touchdowns -- a 73-yard touchdown to Troy Williamson, a 55-yaerder to Tiquan Underwood and a 30-yarder to John Matthews. It was good for a near-perfect 154.9 passer rating. But it wasn’t against the Eagles starters, and out of one game it shouldn’t fuel a quarterback debate.
- Scoring defense by the frontliners. While Philly had huge advantages in yardage and time of possession with its starting offense, it managed only six points with them.
- Deji Karim had a 68-yard kickoff return. More importantly, on his first couple against better players in coverage, he looked poised and got the Jags reasonably good field position.
- Two take-aways.
- Fourteen total rushing yards.
- Six penalties for 121 yards.
- Derek Cox flailing on a couple tackle attempts, including one on DeSean Jackson’s end-around.
- Philly quarterback Kevin Kolb finding enough time to allow Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to break free. The rush was without Aaron Kampman, Tyson Alualu and Austen Lane, who did not play. But still, Joe Cullen surely would have liked to see more from his rush men early.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina