Giants barely show up in loss to Ravens
August, 29, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
The Beast will have to wait until Sunday afternoon to watch the replay, but by all accounts, the New York Giants weren't very impressive in Saturday's 24-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Here's what folks are saying about the game this morning:
- Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPNDallas.com couldn't find a lot of positives for the Giants. And coach Tom Coughlin seemed to indicate that a few players were living off their reputations right now. I don't recall Coughlin ever reacting to a preseason loss with this much disgust. "My word is energy," Coughlin told reporters. "The defense has been more than the offense. The offense has to be methodical and has to be able to execute and to put themselves in position where plays are made. There is more needed there. Some people have to play better than they have been playing. Some people are given credit for being good football players, they got to get going. It's time to get going. Let's go."
- Here's a postgame injury report from Youngmisuk. Adrian Tracy had been making a little move, but the dislocated elbow will likely sideline him for a while.
- Mike Garafolo of the Star-Ledger says that Coughlin was frustrated with the Giants' lack of energy.
- Adam Himmelsbach of the New York Times focused on Eli Manning's evening.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News says the Giants were overmatched on both sides of the ball.
- Vinny DiTrani may be covering his final season for The Record, but the man still knows how to write a nice lead.
1:00 PM ET Miami Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Minnesota Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Kansas City 1:00 PM ET Tampa Bay St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Cleveland New York 1:00 PM ET Dallas Washington 1:00 PM ET New Orleans Carolina 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Denver Houston 4:05 PM ET New York Detroit 4:05 PM ET Arizona Seattle 4:25 PM ET Pittsburgh Green Bay 4:25 PM ET Oakland San Diego 4:25 PM ET New England Baltimore 8:30 PM ET Chicago Philadelphia