Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- What do the Dolphins and "Fantasy Island" have in common? Smiles, everyone! Smiles! That's not what Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes, but that's what his column makes me think of.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald notes the Dolphins' culture has changed so much, you can start to believe good things naturally will happen.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Dave George marvels at how far the Dolphins have come in such a short period of time.
- Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post writes "the Dolphins jumped on the Bills and never let up."
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington reminds us the Dolphins still control their own destiny.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun writes former Argos running back Ricky Williams enjoyed his return to Toronto.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan writes somebody will have to pay for the Bills' collapse.
- Toronto Sun columnist Steve Simmons on Sunday's game in his town: "It angered people in Buffalo. It angered people in Toronto. It cost Rogers Communications all kinds of money. And it entertained almost no one."
- Niagara Gazette reporter Jay Skurski patrolled the Rogers Centre to talk to Bills fans about the experience.
- Bob DiCesare of the Buffalo News writes Dick Jauron's decision to defer is highly suggestive.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan needs about 4 seconds to break down two weeks of Bills offense.
- The Buffalo News and Rochester Democrat & Chronicle hand out their position-by-position grades.
New England Patriots
- Christopher Price of Boston Metro News lays out 10 things we learned about the Patriots on Sunday.
- Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy says the Patriots have "been more fun to watch than last season."
- The difference between the Patriots and Seahawks on Sunday was their learned indefatigability, writes Boston Herald columnist Ron Borges.
- Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe writes Sunday's comeback victory was the Patriots' most significant of the year.
- Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss takes a look at how old newcomers Junior Seau and Roosevelt Colvin fared Sunday.
- The Boston Herald's John Tomase writes about a defense that's held together by who-knows-what.
New York Jets
- New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro writes there are times like Sunday when Brett Favre "simply looks beaten, and hurt, and exhausted."
- Tim Smith of the New York Daily News writes "if the Jets don't make the playoffs this year, considering the position they were in two weeks ago, it will be on Eric Mangini."
- Daily News reporter Rich Cimini says the Jets' offense, after the "most prolific five-game stretch in franchise history, has been stripped naked with two crushing and revealing losses in a row."
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson checks in with frustrated receiver Laveranues Coles after Sunday's loss in San Francisco.
- Erik Boland of Newsday whips out his grading pen and gives the Jets some dreadful marks.
- Bergen Record reporter J.P. Pelzman notes problems when playing in the Pacific Time Zone.