Reading the coverage: Matt Jones showing more focus
August, 5, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Morning hopscotch around the division....
- John McClain says that despite whatever criticism Jacques Reeves got in Dallas, the Texans like him in their secondary.
- Carlos M. Silva Jr. writes that center Chris Myers didn't even start playing football until 10th grade, and it wasn't even his idea.
- Steve Campbell talks to defensive end N.D. Kalu, who feels revitalized after knee surgery.
- Phillip B. Wilson provides a detailed review of Colts-Redskins from Sunday night, then lets Tony Dungy offer his assessment.
- John Oehser also gives us Dungy's second-day take on the preseason opener, which the coach rates as the best first game his team has played.
- Michael C. Wright asks if Matt Jones is more serious and more focused. Now Jack Del Rio wonders if the receiver will fight through soreness and fatigue.
- The team's unofficial depth chart has Brian Williams as the starter at strong safety. He's converting from cornerback, but has been moving to cover the slot receiver in the nickel package.
- Cole Pepper tells us what he thinks he knows after the first week of Jaguars camp.
- Jim Wyatt looks at a great camp so far for Stephen Tulloch. Trouble is there isn't a spot in the starting lineup for him.
- Tennessean Titans notes: Leroy Harris scores points for his versatility.
- Mike Heimerdinger tells David Climer that Vince Young is doing just fine. Not that the Titans would ever say anything different out loud.