Live blog: Free-Agency Central
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers already is looking forward to the juicy Dolphins-Jets matchup in the season finale.
- New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro gauges the confidence level of the Jets and wonders if their fans feel the same.
- Bob Glauber of Newsday finds tightly wound Jets coach Eric Mangini to be loose despite the pressure.
- New York Times reporter Joshua Robinson tries to put Brett Favre in focus ... for now.
- Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger writes nose tackle Kris Jenkins has "hit a wall and the Jets' run defense has crumbled along with him."
- Palm Beach Post columnist Greg Stoda writes the Dolphins aren't looking past the Chiefs to their season-ending blockbuster showdown with the Jets.
- Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald examines how the weather might affect the Dolphins in Kansas City.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly takes a look at how Chad Pennington is rubbing off on backups Chad Henne and John Beck.
- MiamiDolphins.com writer Andy Kent writes about the offense's scoring woes while their defense refuses to give up touchdowns.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan writes quarterback Trent Edwards lends his voice to the locker-room choir that sings Dick Jauron's praises.
- Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle shares offensive coordinator Turk Schonert's thoughts on Edwards' development.
- The D&C's Leo Roth gets left tackle Jason Peters' reaction to being named a Pro Bowl starter despite a tumultuous season.
New England Patriots
- The Boston Globe's Dan Shaughnessy writes another enjoyable notes column with plenty of NFL thoughts.
- Associated Press reporter Howard Ulman writes Pro Bowl kicker Stephen Gostkowski has helped fans forget Adam Vinatieri.
- Ron Borges and Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald report the Patriots on Wednesday took a gander at defensive end Erasmus James and cornerback Brian Kelly.
- Christopher Price of Boston Metro News takes a critical look at the Patriots' 2008 rookie class.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young puts rookie cornerback Jonathan Wilhite in focus.