Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Boston Herald writer John Tomase compiled some entertaining vignettes by asking Patriots to recall the time they were hit hardest.
- Glen Farley of the Quincy Patriot Ledger writes DB Ray Ventrone is the Patriots' resident Lazarus.
- Boston Glove reporter Christopher L. Gasper takes a look at what KR Matthew Slater can do.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana takes a look at new LB Donnie Spragan.
- Have you been wondering what the Bills think of the Brett Favre saga? Well, here it is anyway, courtesy of the Democrat & Chronicle.
- Bryan Sullivan of the Canandaigua Daily News checks in on DT Marcus Stroud.
- Dolphins coach Tony Sparano didn't give rookies much love on his first depth chart, reports the Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal gets caught up with S Renaldo Hill, the former starter coming back from a season-ending knee injury.
- Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel writer Omar Kelly notes DE Matt Roth is being tried as an OLB.
New York Jets
- Newsday reporter Erik Boland shares the comedy stylings of Mangini and Richardson, the funniest duo since Shields and Yarnell.
- QB Chad Pennington's motto is to keep on keeping on when it comes to Favre rumors, writes Mark Hale of the New York Post.
- Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News writes TE Chris Baker returned from the PUP list with happy thoughts.