Giants on way to blowing out Redskins
December, 5, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Let's take a quick look at how the New York Giants have dominated the Washington Redskins in jumping out to a 21-0 lead.
- It should be 28-0, but Eli Manning decided to throw into triple coverage in the end zone and was picked off by Redskins linebacker London Fletcher.
- The Giants are missing two full-time starters on the offensive line, but that hasn't mattered at all in this game. The Giants have rolled up 139 rushing yards. Brandon Jacobs had a 39-yard carry on the Giants' first possession and Ahmad Bradshaw has 14 carries for 66 yards and two touchdowns.
- Former Redskins second-round draft pick Devin Thomas is having a great day on special teams. He raced down and tackled Brandon Banks on a kickoff return and then he downed a punt deep in Redskins territory. Excellent performance from a guy who wants to show the Skins that they gave up on him too quickly.
- Donovan McNabb isn't getting any help from his teammates. Chris Cooley dropped a perfect pass at the end of the first half and then Fred Davis has already dropped one early in the second half.
- Manning was incredibly sharp in the first half -- when he wasn't throwing a ridiculous red zone interception. He was 9-of-11 for 98 yards.
- The interior defensive linemen for the Skins are getting destroyed in this game. I sure hope Albert Haynesworth is going to be OK from this illness that caused him to be inactive today. What a joke.