Reading the coverage: Brackett out for San Diego game
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Happy New Year's Eve.
We'll keep cranking here at the AFC South blog right into the start of January, but may have a pause Friday as we work our way to San Diego.
We start the headlines with one that hits two teams:
Clark Judge has Jim Schwartz and Jim Caldwell on his list of the league's best and brightest assistants who could soon be head coaches.
- With Richard Smith fired, John McClain looks at some potential replacements.
- McClain sees Gary Kubiak evolving as a head coach.
- Jerome Solomon says the Texans' offense and defense were growing apart.
- The story of the Texans' season in 207 photos from the Chronicle.
- Bob Kravitz says Peyton Manning has never been more valuable.
- Bob Sanders is ready to return and the Colts hope he sparks a run like he did in 2006, says Mike Chappell.
- Injured middle linebacker Gary Brackett won't play in San Diego, writes Phil Richards.
- Tony Dungy hopes the approach the Colts had to take during the season pays playoff dividends, writes Tom James.
- Phillip B. Wilson with some notes and thoughts from Tuesday in his blog.
- Jack Del Rio will push harder for players to be in town during the offseason and promised a tougher training camp. Michael C. Wright provides a solid run down of the coach's post mortem.
- Gene Frenette liked what he heard from Del Rio.
Final Philadelphia 24 Washington 27 Final/OT San Diego 38 San Francisco 35
1:00 PM ET Minnesota Miami 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Houston 1:00 PM ET Detroit Chicago 1:00 PM ET Cleveland Carolina 1:00 PM ET Atlanta New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Kansas City Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET New England New York 4:05 PM ET New York St. Louis 4:25 PM ET Buffalo Oakland 4:25 PM ET Indianapolis Dallas 8:30 PM ET Seattle Arizona