Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert
MINNEAPOLIS -- Some halftime observations from the Metrodome:
- Minnesota did a nice job rebounding from Asante Samuel's interception return. Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson collected himself and led a 64-yard drive, culminating in Adrian Peterson's three-yard scoring run. The Vikings have the ball to start the second half after deferring the opening kickoff, and are in decent shape considering the mistakes they've made.
- Among those mistakes: Giving the Eagles another possession at the end of the half. The Vikings took over with 1:10 remaining, and Philadelphia had only one timeout. Perched at the 13-yard line, coach Brad Childress made the understandable decision to run the clock out. But an incomplete short pass on second down stopped the clock, allowing the Eagles to get the ball back with 29 seconds left. Philadelphia didn't score, but those are the kinds of exchanges that often decide playoff games.
- The Vikings have given up 37 rushing yards with nose tackle Pat Williams sitting out, at times using a three-man defensive line. The Eagles have thrown 19 passes against only nine runs, minimizing the loss of Williams.
- Receiver Bernard Berrian's juggling 27-yard reception converted a third down and set up Peterson's second touchdown. That play, coming at the Vikings' low moment following Samuel's score, might be most responsible for keeping the Vikings in the game.
- Still waiting for an explanation on why Childress turned down that holding penalty in the first quarter.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina