Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
Time for a quick trip around the NFC South without a mention of Brett Favre.
- This one's long overdue, but the Falcons say they may give running back Jerious Norwood more touches. The problem is, they paid Michael Turner a lot of money and he's going to be the focal point of this offense.
- Quarterback D.J. Shockley, who missed his rookie year with a knee injury, said he hopes to play in the preseason opener against Jacksonville.
- Rookie running back Jonathan Stewart hasn't completely recovered from toe surgery and it's looking like he could miss Saturday's preseason opener.
- It's looking more and more likely that rookie Charles Godfrey will be the starter at free safety.
- After a hugely disappointing rookie season, receiver Robert Meachem is anxious to prove he deserved to be a first-round draft pick last year.
- Coach Sean Payton runs one of the league's more grueling training camps. But he's making a smart move by holding a bunch of players out of Thursday's preseason opener.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- For the first time in coach Jon Gruden's tenure, the Bucs will hold a night practice during training camp. There's a reason behind this. The Bucs, who did not have a prime-time game last year, have three this season. Gruden wants to give his return men and receivers a chance to get some work under the lights.
1:00 PM ET Washington Atlanta 1:00 PM ET Chicago Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Houston Indianapolis 1:00 PM ET New England Miami 1:00 PM ET Philadelphia Minnesota 1:00 PM ET Seattle New York 1:00 PM ET San Francisco Tampa Bay 1:00 PM ET Buffalo Jacksonville 4:05 PM ET Kansas City Oakland 4:05 PM ET New York Carolina 4:25 PM ET Green Bay Dallas 4:25 PM ET Arizona Tennessee 4:25 PM ET New Orleans St. Louis 8:30 PM ET Cincinnati Pittsburgh