Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Boston Globe reporters Christopher L. Gasper and Shira Springer cite an unnamed medical source who says Tom Brady is running, throwing and on schedule for the 2009 opener.
- Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy is fed up with the kissy-face quarterback's less-than-manly antics.
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald writes about Tuesday's hiring of Floyd Reese as senior football advisor.
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports Cardinals linebacker Victor Hobson almost returned to the Patriots in December, but passed.
- Bruce Smith would like some company when he gets inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, writes Associated Press reporter John Wawrow.
- USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt notes at least one Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker misses the Joey Porter sideshow at the Super Bowl.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson thinks the Bill Parcells coaching tree soon will gain a Todd Haley branch.
New York Jets