Reading the coverage: Time is near for Freeney, Sanders
August, 12, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Greetings from Jacksonville. In order to join the Jaguars Tuesday morning, this edition of Reading the coverage is of the quick-hitting variety...
- Steve Campbell on Ahman Green: "Green's time with the Texans has been maddening for everybody involved, no doubt. Still, it's not as if his presence on the roster is keeping the next great running-back hope out of camp."
- The Colts will have a dry run at Lucas Oil Stadium on Aug. 19 to get the logistics down. They play their first game there on Aug. 24.
- The time is near for Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders. They could begin practicing this week, writes Mike Chappell.
- Can blazer Brian Witherspoon of Stillman College boost the Jaguars return games?
- Matt Jones pleaded not guilty to a felony cocaine possession charge in Arkansas, and now has an Oct. 10 trial date.
Final Miami 10 Buffalo 29 Final Jacksonville 10 Washington 41 Final Dallas 26 Tennessee 10 Final Arizona 25 New York 14 Final New England 30 Minnesota 7 Final New Orleans 24 Cleveland 26 Final Atlanta 10 Cincinnati 24 Final Detroit 7 Carolina 24 Final St. Louis 19 Tampa Bay 17 Final Seattle 21 San Diego 30 Final Houston 30 Oakland 14 Final New York 24 Green Bay 31 Final Kansas City 17 Denver 24 Final Chicago 28 San Francisco 20