Reading the coverage: Taylor tribute edition
February, 17, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- A transcript of John McClain's combine chat.
- The city of Indianapolis is ready to host the combine, and Mike Chappell looks at what's coming.
- Fred Taylor offered to take less money, but the Jaguars had made up their mind, writes Michael C. Wright. While the team may draft a back, Jack Del Rio intends to use Greg Jones to complement Maurice Jones-Drew.
- Vito Stellino says Gene Smith is showing he likes to make quick decisions and move on.
- Pete Prisco says the Jags made a mistake and that Taylor would fit well in Indianapolis or Arizona. (Mike Sando is not so sure about Arizona.)
- Jones-Drew is now due a big contract, says Stellino.
- Gene Frenette says the clock on Taylor's time with the Jags had been ticking.
- Taylor was the face of the franchise, especially the last couple years, blogs Cole Pepper.
- A collection of Taylor's best quotes during 11 years with the Jags, put together by Scott Kendrick.
- Taylor by the numbers.
- A look at the famous Chuck Cecil Sports Illustrated cover, courtesy of Gary Estwick.
Final Atlanta 24 Jacksonville 14 Final Detroit 23 Buffalo 0 Final Indianapolis 7 Cincinnati 35 Final New York 7 Philadelphia 37 Final St. Louis 13 Miami 14 Final Kansas City 14 Green Bay 34 Final Carolina 10 Pittsburgh 0 Final New England 13 New York 16 Final Washington 24 Tampa Bay 10 Final Baltimore 22 New Orleans 13 Final Chicago 13 Cleveland 33 Final San Francisco 40 Houston 13 Final Minnesota 19 Tennessee 3 Final Denver 27 Dallas 3 Final Arizona 9 San Diego 12 Final Seattle 31 Oakland 41