Quick hits from Jaguars evening practice
August, 1, 2011
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A couple quick thoughts off the Jaguars evening practice…
- Running back Deji Karim probably had the best snap in a pass protection drill, fending off linebacker Alvin Bowen. It’s a drill that heavily favors defense. Greg Jones was also good and tight end Zach Miller was not, unsurprisingly.
- Mike Thomas had a nice night. He reached back to pull in a pass from David Garrard that was behind him with one hand. Later he caught red zone TD passes from Garrard, one at the front left pylon and one at the front right pylon. First and second team offense won this period in a large way.
- Even when Blaine Gabbert throws a wobble it can get there. He hit receiver Greg Ellingson with a high, bad throw over T.J. Heath, though Ellingson had no chance to come down in bounds.
- I can see why people get excited about Rashad Jennings as a pass-catching running back. He shows a nice burst after he corrals a ball.
- The defense looked to get the better of things in a late goal-line period when running backs weren’t finding much room up the middle.
AP Photo/Rick WilsonGreg Ellingson catches a pass with T.J. Heath defending during Monday's practice in Jacksonville.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina