ESPN’s John Clayton is reporting that Oakland's interest in free-agent Langston Walker is picking up. The Raiders have a need at the position and they’ve aggressively pursued re-signing many of their players, so if Walker leaves, the team likely won’t fret.
- The man who coached basketball-players-turned-NFL tight ends Antonio Gates and Julius Thomas warns that folks should not compare the two quite yet. Thomas has been a star at Denver’s camp despite playing just one year of college football.
- The television blackout has been lifted in San Diego for Thursday’s preseason opener against Seattle. The game will be telecast on ESPN.
- Here is an NFL Live video preview of Denver’s preseason opener at Dallas on Thursday.
- With eight days remaining until the supplemental draft, former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has not been added to the draft. He has often been connected as a possible fit with Oakland if he is eligible.
- The Raiders released their unofficial depth chart. Interestingly, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford were listed as the starting receivers. Ford is out with a broken hand. He is expected to be ready for the season opener Sept. 12 at Denver. Heyward-Bey has just started practicing after sitting out several days with an unannounced injury. My thoughts? These type of preseason depth charts mean very little. Lots can and will happen.
- Here’s the Chiefs’ depth chart. No real shockers.
- The NFL in Los Angeles has taken a step closer to becoming reality. San Diego and Oakland have been reportedly connected to the city.
- Kansas City star pass-rusher Tamba Hali is thankful to the Chiefs for his renew, $60 million contract. The Chiefs will be thankful to him if he leads the AFC in sacks again. He had 14.5 sacks last season.