Bleary-eyed, early morning AFC East roundup
OK, I'll admit it. I nodded off on the couch about 2:30 a.m.
It had been a long day, tracking a series of AFC East updates that featured the Buffalo Bills releasing Derrick Dockery and Robert Royal, the Miami Dolphins signing Gibril Wilson and the New York Jets cutting Brandon Moore. Several other moves were mixed in.
A few voice mails, texts and e-mails were waiting for me as woke up to Linda Cohn and Matthew Barnaby chatting about hockey on "SportsCenter." I knew it had to be an odd hour.
Anywho, here's a compilation of tidbits I would have written about earlier had I maintained consciousness:
- The Jets have made an offer to Pittsburgh Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu at $4 million a year to replace Moore. Kemoeatu had only two career starts prior to last year, when he replaced Alan Faneca at left guard. Kemoeatu was a sixth-round draft pick out of Utah in 2005.
- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Bart Scott should be at the New York Jets facility Friday.
- The Bills are targeting Carolina Panthers center/guard Geoff Hangartner and will host him Friday. Hangartner started four games at center, two games at left guard and two games at right guard for Carolina last year. He started 15 games at center in 2006, one season after Carolina drafted him in the fifth round out of Texas A&M.
- The Denver Broncos are hosting safety Renaldo Hill, the odd man out after the Dolphins welcomed Wilson and re-signed strong safety Yeremiah Bell.
- Adam Schefter of NFL.com reports the Jets have re-signed fullback Tony Richardson and that deal is believed to be for one year at $500,000.
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports the New England Patriots have extended a second-round tender to linebacker Pierre Woods.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins will host journeyman offensive lineman Joe Berger on Friday. Berger finished last season as the Dallas Cowboys' third-string center. They deactivated Berger for the last 11 games.
1:00 PM ET San Diego Buffalo 1:00 PM ET Dallas St. Louis 1:00 PM ET Washington Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET Houston New York 1:00 PM ET Minnesota New Orleans 1:00 PM ET Tennessee Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET Baltimore Cleveland 1:00 PM ET Green Bay Detroit 1:00 PM ET Indianapolis Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET Oakland New England 4:05 PM ET San Francisco Arizona 4:25 PM ET Denver Seattle 4:25 PM ET Kansas City Miami 8:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Carolina