Black and Blue all over: Lions still hunting for CBs
February, 27, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun Times reports the Bears are one of three front-runners to sign Bengals free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmanzadeh. Meanwhile, the Daily Herald's Bob LeGere suggests the team pursue the recently cut Laveranues Coles to fill its need at receiver.
- The Bears aren't likely to be big spenders in free agency, opines the Chicago Tribune's David Haugh.
- Tom Kowalski offers a position-by-position look at the Lions roster, including spots that need to be filled and some of the players who might be targets.
- Also from Kowalski: Now that the Lions' proposed trade for Ken Lucas has fallen through, they continue to pursue a cornerback in the trade market.
- Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel doesn't think the Packers will make a big splash in free agency, but the team could fill some needs in their front seven.